Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Hey, was reading the Yahoo! news when i came across a news that doesnt seem to be new to us. But all of a sudden, I feel the real sense of threat. The real sense that the World and I are facing something that we have to deal with asap and solve it in such a way that such problems wouls not happen agan. Please click
here to read the news article I read. Maybe reading a news article is too much to ask. I shall just summarise it.
Melting Himalayan glaciers threaten 1.3 billion Asians, the title of the news article. The common words in this title are "Melting" , "Glaciers", "Threatens" . Immediately, the problem comes to mind. Melting glaciers due to Global warming. Something that preferably we think that the scientists would take care of asap with their R&D. But seriously, how much can they do? They can only try and error until they find the ultimate solution. I certainly do pity these scientists who face the pressure of protecting the population of almost the whole entire world.And their enemy? Something that what we deduce as nature's doing. Something we are unable to control. Why not we change the point of view? Instead of thinking of ways to change it and stop it, why not start small. Start first, by reducing. For example, reducing the amount of carbon dioxide produced. According to an article i recently read, It was realised that carbon dioxide contributes to 50% of carbon dioxide. Alot more as compared to what we once
thought. Sigh.
anyway, I'm just writing this post to tell you guys that the problem of global warming and the melting of the glaciers is a problem that we have to solve asap. We cannot keep looking for another planet to live on. What is there is no other planet available for us to live on? Sigh. Maybe you will be saying why not i shut down this laptop and stop wasting electricity? The words I would tell you is, at least I put in my efforts in other areas.
Did you?
--Merci tout le monde--
1:53 AM